May 4, 2012
NHL Playoffs: 5 Players That Must Step Up Their Game for the Philadelphia Flyers
Facing a 2-1 series deficit against the New Jersey Devils in the Eastern Conference Semi-Finals, the Philadelphia Flyers have very little room for error if they wish to continue a run toward hockey’s Holy Grail.
Peter Laviolette will be a busy man over the next two days as the Flyers prepare for their first must-win of the playoffs in Game 4. Along with trying to solve the Devils penalty kill and searching for ways to motivate his stalled and sluggish club, Laviolette will need to ignite a fire in some key players.
It’s clear that the Flyers have lost the hunger and sense of urgency which powered their efforts in the opening round with the Pittsburgh Penguins. In lieu of this lack of effort, these 5 Flyers need to seriously step up their level of play if this club will find success against the Devils.
- Philadelphia Flyers: 5 Players Who Need to Step Up in the 2011-2012 NHL Season
- Philadelphia Flyers: 5 Players Who Need To Step Up in Chris Pronger’s Absence
- NHL Playoffs 2012: 5 Key Players for Devils vs. Flyers Game 1
- 2012 NHL Playoffs: The 5 Most Important Players for the Philadelphia Flyers
- NHL Playoffs 2012: 3 Stars from Philadelphia Flyers vs. New Jersey Devils Game 2